Pupil Premium Grant: The Government gives money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called ‘Pupil Premium Grant’. If you qualify, not only will your child receive free school meals, but the school will be given additional income to support your child. Do you qualify? You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits;
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) that does not exceed £16,190.00
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
If you feel you are eligible for free school meals, please apply as soon as possible completing the application form, available on our website under the ‘information’ tab. For further help or information please contact the Revenues and Benefits Customer Services at Rotherham Borough Council on 01709 336006.